North American Regional Science Council
Student Travel Grants for 2020 RSAI World Congress in Marrakesh, Morocco
The North American Regional Science Council (NARSC) supports the next generation of regional scientists in North America. In support of this goal, NARSC will make 5 travel grants ($750 each) available to students based in Canada and the United States who will attend the World Congress of RSAI in Marrakesh, Morocco, June 2-5, 2020. The Congress web page https://www.regionalscience.org/2020worldcongress/index.html includes details for submissions and participation.
- Have presented a paper at one of the following conferences in either 2018 or 2019 – NARSC, WRSA, SRSA, or MCRSA.
- Have submitted a paper for presentation to the World Congress;
- Affiliation with a North American research organization and North American residence at the time of the application and at the time of the Congress;
- In case of joint research, only one author can apply for travel support;
- Must be a student at the time of the World Congress.
Applications will be reviewed by the NARSC Executive Committee. All decisions are final.
The deadline for grant application is February 3, 2020. Awards will be announced by February 21, 2020.
Applicant package should include the following items:
- Name, professional status, affiliation, and contact information;
- Title, author names, and affiliations of the submitted paper(s);
- Abstract of the submitted paper(s);
- Estimated itemized travel budget to attend the 2020 RSAI World Congress;
- Other sources of funding and amount;
- Statement from applicant why attending the 2020 RSAI World Congress will be beneficial to their future careers as regional scientists. This statement should be no longer than 500 words;
- Letter of support from academic advisor.
Please note that checks will be issued to recipients after the World Congress.