All RSAI members have online access to the Papers in Regional Science (PiRS) and to the Regional Science Policy and Practice (RSPP): Journals of the Regional Science Association International. Members will need to log in to access full text articles Online.
Participation in national and international meetings is encouraged; over twenty international, national and regional meetings are held each year. Two of the Association's superregional organizations, the North American Regional Science Council (NARSC) and the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) hold annual meetings in November and August. The third superregional organization, the Pacific Regional Science Conference Organization (PRSCO), holds a meeting every two years. Every two years, a World Congress is held.
Each year, the Association conducts a competition for the best doctoral dissertation in the field of regional science. Winners are encouraged to present their work at one of the major international meetings.
In addition to the RSAI publications, members are offered an opportunity to purchase other regional science journals at reduced rates and participate in the national and international conferences at reduced rates.
RSAI membership has its benefits and privileges, including:
- Right to vote for representation of the Council of the Regional Science Association International
- Eligibility for awards of RSAI
- Discounted registration fees at conferences organized by RSAI, NARSC, ERSA, PRSCO, and RSAmericas
- RSAI newsletter
- Participation in and access to a worldwide network of 4500 regional scientists
- Complimentary electronic access to the two journals of RSAI, Papers in Regional Science, and Regional Science Policy and Practice. Access to these journals is possible through your RSAI member access portal.
- Complimentary electronic access to the following journals, Journal of Regional Science, Growth and Change, Geographical Analysis and International Journal of Urban and regional Research. Access to these journals is possible through your RSAI member access portal.
RSAI Journals - discounted Article Publication Charge for RSAI members
According to the new agreement (effective 1st January 2019) with John Wiley & Sons, Inc., the published Article Publication Charges (APC) for the RSAI Journals (PIRS & RSPP) have been revised to USD2,500 / GBP1,650 / EUR2,100.
An APC is the fee payable by authors if they wish to make their article open access immediately under a CC-BY licence. In addition, we are also delighted to offer a 40% discount off the APC rate for RSAI members.
With the discount, RSAI members will enjoy the following APC rates if they wish to make their article published in PIRS and/or RSPP open access: USD1,500 / GBP990 / EUR1,260
It’s important to make the distinction that the APC discount is a benefit for RSAI members (not PIRS and RSPP authors), and is applicable only for articles published in PIRS and/or RSPP.