Membership of RSAI is normally obtained through membership of a local Section.
A member of a local section is automatically a member of RSAI, ie if the respective local section is recognized by RSAI.
RSAI comprises superregional associations which, in turn, comprise affiliated local sections/associations. The three superregional organizations recognized by RSAI are:
â¢ The European Regional Science Association (ERSA), comprising sections in the European realm;
â¢ The Regional Science Association of the Americas (RSAmericas), comprising sections from North, Central and South America;
â¢ The Pacific Regional Science Conference Organization (PRSCO), comprising sections in Asia (East, South East and South), Australasia and the Pacific Rim facing parts of the Americas.
The membership of the section shall be renewed annually by payment of dues. This may be through a capitation levied on a section and/or collected through one of the superregional organizations established by the Association. If a member shall fail to pay dues within six months after the date of official renewal notice, the membership shall be considered terminated and the name shall be removed from the roster of members.
In exceptional circumstances direct individual membership may be considered by the Executive Director, ie for example if there is no section in the country of the individual candidate member.
RSAI membership has its benefits and privileges, including:
- Right to vote for representation of the Council of the Regional Science Association International
- Eligibility for awards of RSAI
- Discounted registration fees at conferences organized by RSAI, NARSC, ERSA, PRSCO, and RSAmericas
- RSAI newsletter
- Participation in and access to a worldwide network of 4500 regional scientists
- Complimentary electronic access to the two journals of RSAI, Papers in Regional Science, and Regional Science Policy and Practice. Access to these journals is possible through your RSAI member access portal.
- Complimentary electronic access to the following journals, Journal of Regional Science, Growth and Change, Geographical Analysis and International Journal of Urban and regional Research. Access to these journals is possible through your RSAI member access portal.
New RSAI member appliance form: