The Regional Science Association International (RSAI) invites submissions for the annual competition for the Best Doctoral Dissertation in Regional Science. Regional science is an interdisciplinary field concerned with theory, method, and application of regional, urban and rural, geographic and spatial investigations and analyses.
The winner will be decided by the Selection Committee and will receive a cash award of 750 Euros. Award announcements will be made at the North American Meetings of the RSAI, where participants in the competition are strongly encouraged to be present. The Selection Committee reserves the right to not make an award. Decisions made by the Selection Committee are final.
- A dissertation completed in any Ph.D. program in any country is eligible,
- A dissertation written in English,
- A dissertation successfully defended, with official graduation date between July 1st 2016 and June 30th 2017,
- A dissertation on a single or multiple general regional science topics. The Selection Committee reserves the right to determine whether a dissertation is relevant to the field of regional science.
Application (in either PDF or MS Word format):
- A two-page curriculum vita;
- A letter of support and nomination from the major professor (also known as dissertation committee chairperson or supervisor) on stationary paper and with signature. The letter should clearly explain the dissertation’s originality and contributions to the field of regional science;
- The dissertation.